- Leave the oven door closed until the food is ready. I know it’s so tempting to smell the savory smells from your delicious dinner but wait until they are done. Every time you open the door, you lose about 50 degrees of heat. Yowza!
- Turn your sprinkler system off when it has rained. There is no need to run your sprinkler when nature has done its job.
- Although there is plenty else to do, pulling the fridge out from the wall and cleaning the back of the fridge, can help the system. Dust can obstruct the system from appropriately operating and now you can brag that even behind your fridge is properly dusted. Just disregard the dirty floor.
- Unplug the toaster. The toaster alone zaps energy. So instead of giving up your breakfast toast, just unplug the toaster when you are done. And if you are feeling extra-zealous, unplug all nearby appliances like the coffee maker and stand mixer. But don’t be too fanatical and unplug the fridge or you will be paying a lot more for spoiled food.
- Set your thermostat up two degrees when you are away. Every degree, you can save 2% on energy costs.
- During the holidays, put your decoration lights on a timer to go off in the late evening. This way, your lights aren’t running all night but everyone can still enjoy them.
- Investigate your ducts. A faulty duct system will drastically reduce the efficiency of your HVAC system. If you want to avoid using a smoke pen, call upon an AC Repair Company to come out to your home to investigate.
- Don’t hand-wash your dishes. Your dishwasher is far more efficient than you are. The dishwasher uses less heated water than you do. Be sure to only run the dishwasher when it is full.
- Open your blinds if you need light during the day. Opt for natural light instead of turning on that lamp.
- Use bathroom fans while taking a shower. They can help remove the heat from the shower but remember to shut them off when you leave the room.
Many people don’t see holidays as a time for potential home disasters. It only takes having a few yourself to change your mindset! Here’s why scheduling air conditioner maintenance ahead of time is a good idea:
- HVAC companies are much busier during the summer and winter than they are in the spring and fall. Any time temperatures reach highs and lows, you can count on every other homeowner needing services, which will make it difficult for you to schedule.
- Emergencies always seems to happen at the worst possible time, like holidays when you have a house full of people. If you’re planning a big 4th of July party and your AC isn’t in the best shape, there’s a good chance a big issue will occur during a holiday, when it’s even harder to schedule service.
- Scheduling preventative maintenance will help you identify issues when they are small, before they become big problems or emergencies. A well-maintained air conditioner is also an air conditioner that runs well and operates efficiently.
If you’re looking for a San Antonio AC service company to inspect and maintain your air conditioner, County Wide Service is the best name in town! They’ll ensure your cooling system is in tip-top shape before the holiday arrives.